Development | Vancouver
IT Infrastructure & DevOps Lead
IT Infrastructure & DevOps Lead
This role is responsible for defining IT infrastructure strategy, direction, architecture, standards and management to include disaster recovery, security, systems, servers, monitoring, performance, networks and storage. This role must ensure reliable 24×7 operations and be a champion for our AWS Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps. This position will act as a liaison between IT Operations, Development and outside IT (InfoSec, other business units as needed). This is a visible, strategic role tasked with building and maintaining a best-in-class IT Operations function that operates with a Cloud-first and DevOps mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess the IT infrastructure and operations organization (people, process, and technology) to determine our ongoing AWS cloud roadmap.
- Assess the current deployment process to identify bottlenecks and implement solutions towards a continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD). Evangelize, implement, and manage a robust DevOps function.
- Implement and manage processes and controls that assure maximum uptime and quick service to the user community for both on-prem and Cloud workloads.
- Management and continual improvement of Cloud Operations, DevOps, and On-prem IT infrastructure/operations.
- Partner with InfoSec to deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives such as annual compliance audits, etc. Furthermore, ensure compliance to patching and vulnerability policies established within the organization.
- Manage third party vendor relationships and hold them accountable for delivery of outsourced functions.
- Develop and implement a robust Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure.
- Assess single points of failure in infrastructure and recommend actions as appropriate.
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, to include applications, servers, storage, databases, desktops/laptops, and mobile devices.
- Support service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements in alignment with company objectives and customer needs.
- Design, implement, deploy and manage systems/applications monitoring processes and tools to proactively identify and resolve problems within the company computing environment.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met.
- Establish standardized processes and key operational metrics based upon ITIL to effectively manage the performance of the Operations organization. This includes availability and performance of applications and servers, service desk ticket management, hardware, lifecycle management, license etc.
- Demonstrated experience transforming IT infrastructure and moving an organization toward a mature cloud-based (AWS) service delivery model.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure management in a complex, customer-facing eCommerce environment with significant reliability and uptime requirements.
- Experience with managing on-prem workloads as well as migrating workloads to cloud, specifically AWS while optimizing the cost of cloud-based workloads.
- Ability to continue to optimize the cost of AWS.
- Possess a deep experience in DevOps with proven results facilitating continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD).
- Possess some experience and background in infrastructure architecture, systems administration, network administration and storage administration.
- Extensive experience with instrumentation, enterprise monitoring and reporting tools.
- Demonstrates the business and financial acumen necessary to develop and present data-based ideas and solutions in a clear, concise, organized manner.
- Experience managing IP based networks, WAN technologies, virtual server technologies, cloud, MS Office 365, etc.
- Knowledgeable across a broad set of infrastructure platforms (commodity hardware, windows OS, Linux OS, etc).
- Experience leading, directing, and mentoring IT professionals.
- 5+ years of intense AWS experience at a hands-on senior technical level as a principal/senior engineer or architect.
- 8+ years of experience in technical Infrastructure architecture including enterprise architecture patterns, strategy, roadmap creation, and governance.
- Solid leadership skills in leading an IT infrastructure and operations organizations towards cloud-first operations and a DevOps mindset.
- Experience with transformation strategy, approach, and planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to express ideas, thoughts and information so that it can be understood by various audiences and meets the customers’ needs.
- Multi-tasker full of great energy and attitude to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
Additional Information: InTime offers an attractive compensation and benefits program, complimentary lunches and a hybrid office model in a casual, open and creative environment.