Software Development | Vancouver
Senior Software QA Lead
Sr. Software QA Lead
InTime – Vancouver, BC
InTime Solutions is seeking an experienced Software QA Lead to join our Product Development Team. This position is a ground-floor opportunity to lead and grow a test team.
You will work directly with InTime’s development team and stakeholders to drive and implement our test program. We are looking for a self-sufficient, critical thinker who enjoys complex problem-solving in a dynamic team environment.
InTime is a well-positioned tech company with over 20 years’ experience in a very niche space: scheduling and workforce management for public safety.
Our scheduling solution provides our customers with tools to help their operations run smoother and more efficiently. Thousands of employees rely on InTime’s application daily to improve their work-life.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage and execute software QA through the agile release cycle.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to analyze requirements and create test plans for new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Create test strategies as part of the ongoing effort to improve the overall robustness of the products.
- Create and conduct functional, integration, regression and performance tests, with the goal to automate as much testing as possible.
- Manage test effort for regular product releases.
- Manage and maintain test environments and test artifacts.
- Review development and testing processes to provide suggestions for improvements.
- Experienced Software Tester/Test Lead.
- Familiar with SDLC, software testing methodologies.
- Experience in Agile development process.
- Familiar with SaaS, cloud computing technology.
- 7+ years of experience with manual/automated software testing and tools.
- Experience creating test plans, strategies and procedures.
- Experience with automated performance testing.
- Experience with web, desktop and mobile application testing.
- Experience with database testing is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer systems engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
Office and Perks: While many of the following perks are on hold during the pandemic, rest assured that when things get back to normal, so will the office environment:
- Complimentary and nutritious snacks at the office
- High quality espresso and hot drink facilities
- Excellent gym plus bike storage
- High quality ergonomic office furniture, including stand-up desks
- Subsidized personal phone plans & transit passes
- Progressive, fun, and non-judgmental atmosphere
Work culture: We maintain an effective, but informal ‘open door’ organizational structure. We do not believe in unnecessary formal meetings and, instead, try to make things happen through fluid team work and open communication. There are no ‘departmental silos.’ Development collaborates extensively with sales, customer success, support and marketing.
COVID-19 considerations: InTime is following all PHO guidelines to insure the safety for all of our employees and customers.
- What is it like to work at InTime? https://intimesoft.wistia.com/medias/8yfxvwv76i